The Zeiss LSM880 with Ariyscan 2 is an inverted confocal microscope. The system is equipped with 7 laser lines 405nm, 458nm, 488nm, 514 nm, 561nm, 594nm and 633 nm. The newly designed excitation beam is elongated in y which acquires four lines of image information instead of only one with just one horizontal scanner movement. It offers high sensitivity, enhanced resolution in x, y and z, and high image-acquisition speed in one system and achieve a 1.7× higher resolution in all spatial dimensions, 120 nm laterally and 350 nm axially which allows fast biological processes with minimal phototoxicity. The stage-top live cell chamber, the motorized stage, advanced tiling module, photo-bleaching module enables the multi-dimensional (multi-channel, multi-position, time-lapse) live cell imaging, photo-manipulation and big tissue tile scanning.
- XY 2D / Z-stack 3D imaging, DIC/Phase contrast; Spot/line Scan;
- Live cell imaging;
- MPLX mode for fast biological processes tracking
- Experiment Designer: Convenient for complex imaging routines set up
- Tile scanning & stitch; multiple position imaging
- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP), Fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)
Detailed Configuration Standard Operation Protocol – Carl Zeiss LSM880 Staff-in-charge: Dr. CHEN, Miao | 3917 9806