Sample Preparation System- Vitrification by Vitrobot Mark IV
Vitrification is an essential step in structural biology applications such as Single Particle Analysis (SPA), cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET), and MicroED. During the vitrification process, an amorphous solid is formed that doesn’t change the sample structure at all, and it is a vital technique for cell and structural biology research, in which samples are cooled so quickly that water molecules do not crystallize around the samples.
- The vitrification process of aqueous suspensions is automated and reproducible.
- Control of critical process parameters with precision
- An enclosed environmental chamber
- Throughput of samples is high
- Flexible and easy-to-use user interface
- Grid transfer is semi-automated
For more details: Thermofisher