The CPOS has 3 PC user workstations for genomics and proteomics analysis of data generated at the CPOS in Room 6-01.Users of CPOS technology platforms can make reservations for these workstations at the CPOS reception (Room 6-02) during office hours or via our Online Resource Booking System (ORBS).
Software introductory sessions are available. Please contact our platform specialists accordingly.
Analysis software available at CPOS:
|Software||Area of usage||User PC #2 Workstation *||User PC #5 Workstation||User PC #7 Workstation|
|Genomics Data Analysis|
|PyroMark Assay Design 2.0||Pyrosequencing–assay design||√|
|SeqScape 2.5.0||DNA sequencing||√|
|Sequence Scanner||DNA sequencing||√|
|Agilent 2100 Expert||Bioanalyzer||√|
|Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis|
|Partek Genomics Suite 6.6 with Partek Pathway||Illumina datasets||√|
* This user PC is operating in Microsoft Windows XP platform with NO internet connection
The Data Analysis workstations at CPOS are primarily set-up to support the analysis of data generated at CPOS.
Researchers who are responsible for such data analysis may register as users.
By registration, user agrees to the following guidelines.
Before the FIRST analysis session:
- Complete the “Online Resource Booking System (ORBS) – User Account Request Form“
- Contact either one of the corresponding CPOS platform specialists for an analysis software introductory session (if necessary)
Note: User identity will be verified before setting up of ORBS user account. User will be notified the account information via email.
Before EACH analysis session:
- Reserve your session(s) at the CPOS reception (Room 6-02) or via our Online Resource Booking System (ORBS)
- Each user is allowed to book a maximum of 3 consecutive hours
- Availability of workstation: Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 12:30pm, 2pm to 5:30pm, excluding holidays
- Booking is on a first-come-first-serve basis
For each analysis session:
- Bring with you the external data storage device and data disk(s), if needed
- Check-in at CPOS reception (Room 6-02)
After each analysis session:
- Export ALL the data you need to your external data storage device
- Delete ALL your data from within the software or those saved temporarily in hard disk
- Shut down the computer
Other Important Notes
- The Workstation is solely used for the purpose of data analysis. Users are NOT allowed to install any software, perform OS/software updates, or adjust any Windows settings.
- A desktop folder “Temp user data” is created for your convenience, but the security of stored data is not guaranteed. The stored data will be deleted after 3 days without prior notice.
- Access to Data Analysis Workstations is free for users analyzing data generated at CPOS. Charges will apply when external data are to be analyzed. Please enquire.
Please contact our platform specialists accordingly.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building
for Interdisciplinary Research
5 Sassoon Road
Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Mon-Fri: 9:00am – 5:30pm
Samples and goods reception not available 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday, all University and Public holidays.