Service Charges and Ordering
The Core offers comprehensive NGS services including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, NovaSeq/MiSeq sequencing and Bioinformatics services.
Please contact Dr KWOK, Hin ( firstname.lastname@example.org / 2831-5483) or platform specialists for project discussion and official service quotation.
Price vary with the following factors:
- Throughput or fold coverage required (sequencing reads or bases output)
- Read type and length (Single Read or Paired-end Read, 50 bp to 300 bp)
- Type of work (DNA shotgun sequencing, RNA-seq, small RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, metagenomics etc.)
- Number of samples
- GC content of samples
- Method for library preparation
- Bioinformatics analysis needs
- Special and/or additional requirements
- Affiliated institute (HKU, local academics, oversea academics and commercial company)
Please refer to Sample Requirement and Submission page for sample requirements.
Please submit service request through iLab.
Different library preparation options are available.
Depending on application, the Core may provide up to 384-index combination# for library construction and sequencing.
We will be happy to discuss your needs and provide recommendations.
#Unique Dual indices with Unique Molecular Identifier (UMI) are available. Please enquire.
NovaSeq 6000 Specifications (from illumina):
MiSeq Specifications (from Illumina):
^The Core routinely runs NovaSeq with 2 x 150bp read length. For other read length, please enquire.
*Install specifications based on Illumina PhiX control library at supported cluster densities. Performance may vary based on sample quality, nucleotide diversity , cluster density, and other experimental factors. Illumina cannot guarantee the Q30 and quality for low diversity library even with PhiX spiked in.