The Online Ordering System (OOS) in BR Core is a user-friendly web-based system for registered member to place order of routine laboratory consumables through internet. Users of the system can browse for details of wide range of products, check for real-time stock quantity and price, submit and approve orders as well as manage and review purchase records with easy operation.
Supervisors and delegated group member(s) of Faculty of Medicine can register* in the Online Ordering System to order stocked items in Bioreagent Core. Supervisor could set an approval limit (HK$0-15,000) in the registration form to allow the delegated member to make self-approving purchase of amount below the limit. Supervisor may set different approval limit for different lab members. Students/staffs working for more than one supervisors can join more than one “Group” with registration form endorsed by respective supervisor. Registration Form can be downloaded Here. Completed registration form should be submitted to email@example.com or Rm 6-01, Laboratory Block. 21, Sassoon Road. *This account for online ordering system is independent of HKU portal account.
Ordering by Item Request (IR) in OOS
Order can be placed by making Item Request (IR) in the OOS for all available items in the Core’s stock. Order can be approved by users themselves when order amount is less than the approval limit set by supervisor or be approved by supervisor (by login to OOS, signing the IR form or by email confirmation) when order amount exceeds the approval limit. User Guide for basic operation is available Here.
Self Pick-up or Delivery of ordered items
- Ordered items can be picked-up by requester or his/her representative at L6-01, Laboratory Block, 21 Sassoon Road. Requester should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 39177558 in advance for pick-up arrangement.
- Delivery service are provided for consumables and plastic-ware. Fragile or valued items should be pick-up in L6-01, Lab Block, by the requester if product integrity is concerned.
- Delivery to laboratories in Lab Block would be within 3 working days.
- Delivery to laboratories in Queen Mary Hospital and HKJCBIR will be arranged in weekly schedule as shown in OOS login message.
For any inquiry, please contact Bioreagent Core’s staffs at email@example.com or 3917 7558
A wide range of products from renowned and trusted brands can be ordered in the Online Ordering System.
Stock in the Core are in two types: (I) Retailing stock and (II) Consignment stock.
(I) Retailing stocks are purchased by the Core already. Stocks are purchased in bulk for maximum discount and efficient logistic. They are owned by the Core and to be sold to research groups from the Core. HKU project/funding account code should be provided for settling the charge when placing order with IR.
Upon confirmation of the IR, the Core will distribute the requested item to the requester’s lab with an Invoice issued by the Core. Invoices amount shall be settled by interdepartmental transfer (submitted by the Core) in HKU FEO.
With this centralized purchase, research group can minimize effort in sourcing, selecting, negotiating and arranging logistic for their daily supply. Quality assured reagent and consumables are instantly available from the Core’s warehouse.
(II) Consignment Stock are deposited in Core’s warehouse by the local vendors e.g. Thermo Fisher, Life Technologies, BioArrow, BioRad etc. These stocks are owned by the vendors and to be distributed by the Core to the requester’s lab upon IR confirmation. The Core will distribute the requested item with a Core’s Delivery Note. Invoice will be issued by corresponding vendors and mailed to requester’s lab afterward. No account code is needed in IR since requester should process the invoice as direct invoice purchase through their own department’s procedure.
With these vendors’ provided stocks, popular but costly / short-lived items are also available readily from the Core with minimum lead and delivery time. Special discounts are also offered by the vendors for these items.
Representitive brands of items in various categories are listed in below table. For further details of full range of available items, please visit the Item Masted in the OOS.
Terms and Conditions
- Information in the Online Ordering System (OOS) is for efficiently handling by admin, vendors and requester. Please refer to manufacturer website for detailed specification. Original catalogue number is used for all items in OOS.
- Quantity available in the OOS is for reference only. Final ordered quantity is subjusted to adjustment by the Core depending on actual availability of the items.
- Price would be fixed upon IR confirmation but subjected to justified changes by the Core under special conditions. Requester will be notified accordingly and may opt to cancel the order if appropriate.
- Corresponding Terms and Conditions of the Core and vendors apply to each of the items purchased through Bioreagent Core. Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting an Item Request.
- The items in IR will be reserved only when IR is in “Approved” status but not “Save”, “Submitted” or “Cancelled” status
- Submitted and Confirmed IR cannot be cancelled. Please check and be sure before confirming or submitting orders.
- Requester should check immediately for product type, quantity and integrity upon delivery. Signing on Delivery Note/Invoice confirm that the correct items are received in good condition. The Core will not be liable to any issue being identified afterward.
Terms on (I) Retailing Stock
- Do Not Submit the (copy of) invoice issued by Bioreagent Coe to HKU FEO. The invoice is for your (departmental) reference ONLY. The amount in the invoice will be debited from the “HKU Account Code” by HKU FEO’s interdepartmental transfer which will be initiated by the Core but not the requester.
- For amendment in payment account code, hard copy or scan of invoice with updated account code should be submitted to Bioreagent Core as soon as possible and within 2 weeks from the receiving date. Late submission may not be processed.
- For any issue with the received item, requester should contact the Core immediately and within 3 working days. The Core reserve the final right and decision for any possible replacement or refund.
- Clean and intact original packing should be kept for any request of return of items. Return would only be allowed when appropriately justified and confirmed by the Core.
Terms on (II) Consignment Stock
- Invoices for the items will be issued by corresponding vendors. Please make payment to the vendors through HKU FEO as direct invoice purchase.
- For any query related to the items, payment, replacement, or refund, please contact the corresponding vendors directly. The vendors are fully responsible for issuing invoices and delivering it to requester.
For any inquiry, please contact Bioreagent Core’s staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3917 7558
|BioLegend, eBioscience, BD Pharmingen||Mouse anti-human antibody for CD4, 8, 25 with various fluorescent color||20% off|
|Axygen, Excell & QSP||Additional Brand of pipette tips to cope with global shortage of pipette tips||–|
|SPL||General Laboratory and Cell Culture Consumables||Available at lowest possible price|
Please refer to Online Ordering System for more details.
Other events will be organised regularly. Stay tuned for the latest promotion.