Service Charges and Ordering
Effective 1-Sep-2022Other assays are also available upon request, please contact platform specialists. For the complete list of assays available from Agilent, please visit Agilent Bioanalyzer website.
For commercial clients, please enquire.
*IMPORTANT*: To qualify for HKU pricing, the investigator must be a regular employee of HKU AND payment must be made from an internal HKU financial account that qualifies for internal transfer. Overhead charge is required for all incoming external funding.
Please submit service request through iLab.
Sample Preparation and Submission
The Core only keeps a small amount of stock of the RNA 6000 Nano chip, DNA 12000 chip and High Sensitivity DNA chip. For requests for more than 5 chips and/or for assays not listed below, please contact platform specialists at least three weeks in advance to make order arrangements.
Sample Preparation and Submission Guidelines
(1) Prepare samples in 0.5 mL tubes according to the qualitative range and buffer strength below. According to our in-house experience, concentration at approximately mid-way within the qualitative range gives best result. Concentration towards the low end may not yield reliable data.
#Users are required to commit a whole chip for RNA 6000 Nano Assays for Prokaryotic RNA samples, RNA 6000 Nano mRNA Assay and DNA 12000 Assay.
*For NGS library QC, 30 – 40 ng/μL is needed for DNA 12000 Assay and 2 – 10 ng/μL is needed for High Sensitivity DNA Assay.
(2) Clearly label each tube with sample ID.
(3) Submit service request through iLab. Smear analysis from 200 bp to 1,000 bp would be provided for all DNA assays. Please specify if other ranges are needed.
(5) Contact platform specialist for sample submission appointment.
(6) Bring the samples to the Bioanalyzer unit at the Core.
Special notes for Illumina Sequencing (Next Generation Sequencing) users
Please contact our Illumina platform specialists (email@example.com) prior to submitting your samples to the Core. For more details about submission requirements for Illumina Sequencing, kindly visit the Illumina Sequencing Sample Requirements and Submission webpage.
The expected turnaround time for a full Bioanalyzer chip analysis is usually 1-2 working days. Requests with sample number less than a full chip will be put into a job queue until enough samples are consolidated for a full chip analysis. As such, the turnaround time will vary depending on the number of samples collected.
Results will be delivered in PDF format via our Online Data Delivery System (ODDS).
Unless otherwise specified, a smear analysis between 200bp to 1,000bp would be included in the report for all DNA assays.
Terms of Service
Leftover samples will be kept for one week after the delivery of results.
Users are welcome to collect any leftover samples during this period, after which the samples will be discarded without further notice.
Please contact our platform specialist for sample pick-up arrangement.
Mr YIU, Francis
Ms LEUNG, Jade